In this 30-minute interactive session, we will delve into the potential of incorporating innovative classroom technologies in legal education to foster student engagement and interaction. We will examine real-world examples and compare pre/post-pandemic classroom design approaches. Participants will learn about various AV equipment solutions, including Extron and Crestron, as well as cost-effective DIY alternatives like Raspberry Pi-based setups. Furthermore, we will discuss strategies for integrating technology into legal education classrooms to create interactive, inclusive learning environments. The session will conclude with a recap of key takeaways and an open discussion where attendees can ask questions and share their experiences.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize various classroom setups and understand their benefits in legal education.
- Compare and contrast different AV equipment solutions, such as Extron and Crestron, along with DIY alternatives like Raspberry Pi-based systems.
- Develop strategies for integrating technology into legal education classrooms, including designing technology-integrated activities using active learning techniques and digital tools.
- Address potential challenges and barriers to technology adoption in legal education classrooms, and explore ways to overcome them.
- Implement accessibility and inclusivity measures in technology-enhanced learning environments to create more inclusive classrooms.
- Engage in open discussion and learn from peers about their experiences and perspectives on integrating technology in legal education classrooms.
I. Introduction (5 minutes)
• Overview of various classroom setups and their advantages in legal education
• Emphasizing the role of student engagement and interaction in effective learning
II. Exploring AV Equipment Solutions and DIY Alternatives (15 minutes)
• Comparing Extron and Crestron solutions for classroom technology
• Introducing Raspberry Pi-based and Arduino DIY solutions for cost-effective alternatives
• Adapting existing video conferencing equipment for distance learning in classrooms
III. Strategies for Implementing Technology in Legal Education Classrooms (5 minutes)
• Designing technology-integrated activities using active learning techniques and digital tools
• Discussing potential challenges and barriers to technology adoption and ways to address them
• Fostering accessibility and inclusivity in technology-enhanced learning environments
IV. Conclusion and Q&A (5 minutes)
• Summarizing key takeaways and offering practical suggestions for implementation
• Inviting open discussion and addressing questions from participants